How to cook:
Use 3 Cups water per 1 Cup dry lentil. Add 1-2 tsp oil, if desired. For making a lentil soups increase amount of water. For making lentil salad reduce amount of water.
- Soak lentils for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly and drain water.
- Add 3 cups of water per 1 cup of dry lentils in a wide pot and heat on low uncovered.
- Once the water is at the level of the lentils, cover the pot.
- Allow to sit for 10-15 minutes. Serve hot or cold.
- Prep lentils same as above.
- Use 3 cups water per 1 cup of lentils and add to a microwave safe dish or electric cooker.
- Heat for 15-20 minutes on medium heat covered. Serve hot or cold.